Monday, December 1, 2008

ZamZar

Another goodie learned from the wonderful MarylandLearning training - ZamZar ZamZar is a website that offers file conversion of text, image, audio and video file formats without log-ins or downloads. Upload your file, select the wannabe file format type, (document, image, music, etc.) and add your email. ZamZar sends you the new file type. You are only allowed up to 100 MB for free. Bigger files take longer, of course, to receive.

I uploaded a slideshow on Word 07 and chose to convert it to a pdf file. Hmmm, 15 minutes later - I'm still waiting on my file; it probably was a lot to convert. I should have picked a smaller file for practice. As SpongeBob says, "Two hours later..." So, I picked a jpeg, converted it to a png, after several errors - success at last!

I think this is a great website and I think I will use it. I have the pdf software on my laptop, but at home this will come in handy for converting to that format. This will also come in handy when converting files to be used on our new digital library page.

No comments: