Saturday, November 30, 2013

Bitter River

Bitter River  (Bell Elkins #2)Bitter River by Julia Keller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I usually do not read crime fiction, but this one caught my eye. Not only is the cover and title appealing, it takes place in a fictional town in the Appalachian mountains of nearby West Virginia. Several pages into Bitter River I realized that, darn, this is Julia Keller's second book set in Acker's Gap about prosecuting attorney, Bell Elkins. By that point, I was already involved with the story and couldn't put it down. Bell is deeply invested in the area and many of the townspeople are her personal friends or related. When a murder involving a popular and well-liked teen happens, the town is turned upside down with sadness, but yet there is more sorrow to come. Is the perp a local or an outsider? Bell has her hands full trying to track down the murderer.

I will be tracking down the first book - A Killing in the Hills.

View all my reviews

No comments: