Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Jott


Jott.com’s voice-to-text services allow you to capture thoughts, create to-dos, set reminders, and send emails & text messages - all with a simple phone ...

Our web filtering at work, unfortunately, blocked us from trying Jott. I will try to look into it from home because it does sound interesting. I'm not sure how much I would personally use it - pen & paper sounds easier for simple lists. Blogger already has an option to call & send a message to your blog. But the more I think of it, I can use it while stuck in traffic, (not too often in Allegany Co. unless a bridge is being worked on) at my kid's soccer games, or waiting forever in a doctor's office.

I was able to walk through the simple steps of setting up an account from home. I left several messages that showed up in my Verizon email. The text was a little garbled, I suppose, from speaking too fast into the phone. The only problem I came across was when I was trying to call in a Blogger post. Apparently, I hadn't given the right ID of my Blogger account in the beginning when I set it up. Jott did send a message in my email informing me of the problem.

Perhaps I'm not looking outside the box, but I don't think we could use this with our patrons. If they add an email to their library account they will already receive a message that their books are due. For personal use, it will come in handy.

No comments: