Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Twitter

Twitter is a online service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing? Sounds like some people are addicted to it! Whoo hoo, even the White House uses Twitter! Now, personally, I can not see me using this - there is never enough time in the day and you know what I mean. I think it is very popular with young people. As for using it in the library, I like how ALSC is micro-blogging about happenings in their library.

I had an account with Twitter, back when we were working on Library 2.0 - hmmmm, now to remember the password. Well, two hours later, I've created a new account, very easy. I like when you find someone to follow, such as YALSA, a little Follow button can be clicked - and tada - there you are. I actually found great teen ideas to use by looking at the YALSA twitter entries.

With Jaiku, you must be sent a personal invitation, so I did not follow up.

No comments: