Friday, May 13, 2011

Night Road

Night RoadNight Road by Kristin Hannah

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Everyone knows that they better have an entire box of tissues nearby as Kristin Hannah's books are read. Another book I couldn't put down - although from the beginning I knew something of great tragedy was about to happen. Every mom fears when their children get their license and approach senior year in high school. I remember thinking and feeling the same things when my own children were beginning to drive and closing in on graduation.

Jude Farraday is a wonderful mom but is a helicopter parent. Her own childhood was not happy and she promised herself that she will do anything to make sure her two twins, Mia and Zach are happy and on track for college. When Lexi, a lonely teen, makes best friends with Mia, Jude is thrilled, as Mia is the opposite of Zach, quiet and into drama, versus he is popular and athletic. The further along the senior year goes, the parties intensify and Jude is wracked with fear. When the worst happens, Jude is so angry, that instead of offering forgiveness - she can only spiral down into depression, guilt, and hatred.



View all my reviews

No comments: