Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Paris Wife

The Paris WifeThe Paris Wife by Paula McLain

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


An interesting work of historical fiction on the lives and marriage between golden boy writer Ernest Hemmingway and his first wife, Hadley. Quiet, lonely 28 year old Hadley never thought she could interest a man, let alone a handsome, younger fellow by the name of Ernest. But Hemmingway loves her honesty and steadiness and both are swept off to Paris in the roaring, turbulent 1920s - where all the artists are gathering, making a name for themselves. As their circle become larger and wilder, Hemmingway becomes more popular, and their marriage, once so strong, becomes strained and unravels.





I was never a huge fan of Hemmingway, although after reading The Paris Wife, I believe I just may reread a few of his writings.



Read on my Kindle Fire.



View all my reviews

No comments: