Thursday, December 19, 2013

Candlelight Christmas

Candlelight ChristmasCandlelight Christmas by Susan Wiggs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Here it is - Christmas time and I'm trying to read all the holiday books I can find. Candlelight Christmas, part of her Lakeshore Chronicle series, includes characters within that are all familiar to long-time readers of Wiggs. Tall, athletic Logan O'Donnell, divorced with a young son, is determined that buying the local ski lodge will be a profitable and enjoyable business. His sister India's best friend, Darcy, is not only supportive but will drag her sponsor's camera crew along for a snowboarding gear shoot. Sparks seem to be flying between Logan and Darcy, but with both being divorced and hurt in their past relationships, moving forward is slow-going.

I like how Wiggs covers the worry, heartache, and guilt of shuffling children between divorced parents and the contemporary issues of today.

View all my reviews

No comments: