Monday, December 30, 2013

Fifteen Minutes

Fifteen MinutesFifteen Minutes by Karen Kingsbury
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Zach Dylan has an amazing voice and the looks of a young Elvis Presley. When he tries out for the hot reality show 15 Minutes, Zach has already promised his family and fiancee that his faith will not be compromised. At the same time, one of the show's judges and famous female vocalists, Chandra Olson hopes that she can save one of the contestants from falling into the prison of fame and fortune. Chandra, a former 15 Minutes winner, lost her family and privacy when she followed her dreams and forgot her roots. Will Zach be snared into the same nightmare?

A very contemporary read about the price of fame....

I must agree with a few other reviewers and actually hate to write this as I admire Karen Kingsbury tremendously, but her writing is beginning to be formulaic. I found myself skimming paragraphs, something I never did in her earlier writings....

View all my reviews

No comments: