Friday, June 13, 2014

Silent Night

Silent NightSilent Night by Robert B. Parker and Helen Braun
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

P.I. Spenser, handsome young detective and home chef of holiday meals, is pulled into a new case when a street-wise eleven year old, named Slide, pops into his office with a question. Can Spenser help the threatened Street Business, a grassroots effort to shelter homeless young men and Jackie, the man who runs it? Hawk, Spenser's sidekick, returns to aid his buddy and the young Slide.

There is nothing like reading Robert B. Parker by starting off with the very last book he wrote before he passed away. In fact Parker didn't finish the Christmas Spenser novel - his literary agent, Helen Brann, completed it with the approval of Parker's wife. Usually not a reader of crime fiction, I will continue to read more of Parker's Spenser novels - it's the twist of humor that pulls me in.

View all my reviews

No comments: