Monday, June 30, 2014

That Summer

That SummerThat Summer by Lauren Willig
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Julia Conley, recently New York unemployed, has found that she has inherited her great-aunt’s home in England. Her memories of her childhood there have perished along with her mother’s death in the accident. With nothing else on her plate, Julie flies over to London, preparing to sort, clean, and sell the house for desperately needed income. While there her snooty cousin calls, wanting to look for “treasure” amidst the mess. Is there really a treasure or could it be hanging on the wall right in front of their noses?

I love how the story switches from 2009 back and forth to 1849 within the same home. A story within a story is always more exciting and mysterious! Lauren Willig is such a great writer and I could barely put the book down for fear I’d miss something!!


View all my reviews

No comments: