Friday, July 20, 2007

Wikis

Wiki, wiki, wiki, what a fun word to say! Wanna wiki? Back when I went to MLA, I checked the official MLA wiki site, which was neat. I could listen to my podcast - I was the first to do it after listening to Chris Anderson speak on "The Longtail" and check out other podcasts. I thought the wiki worked great for the conference.

I think the ability to edit and collectively work on a project is again, empowering to everyday people - and the project, article, etc. is policed by the online community. Where else can you find some of the latest info on stuff going on in the world - certainly not in a encyclopedia.

I really liked the Book Lovers Wiki thru (they even gave away prizes to patrons) Princeton Public Library. (maybe something like this for our MySpace teen page to link to) It uses the PBWiki platform.

No comments: