Friday, September 30, 2011

The Emperor of Nihon-Ja

The Emperor of Nihon-JaThe Emperor of Nihon-Ja by John Flanagan

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


One of my all time favs - The Ranger's Apprentice series crosses almost all ages - juvenile, teen, and adult readers. Again, my 15 year old and I fought over who was going to read it first. Hehehhh, I won! A nice, hefty size, the 10th and last book in the series finishes the story off nicely with several of our favorite characters getting together. Horace is visiting the land of Nihon-Ja, where he and the Emperor develop a close friendship. When the Emperor becomes threatened, Horace extends his stay and promises to protect his mentor - even at the risk of losing his life. Old and fast friends, Rangers Will & Halt, Diplomat Alyss, and Princess Evelyn and a boatload of Scandians travel across the many miles to assist their friend. Lots of exciting military battles and humor liven things up.



Can't wait until movies are made from the Ranger's Apprentice series.



View all my reviews

No comments: