Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Folly Beach

Folly Beach (Lowcountry Tales, #8)Folly Beach by Dorothea Benton Frank

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I admit that I'm a big fan of Dorothea Benton Frank and her lowcountry novels. I love the way her characters talk off the cuff and are a bit zany and this book, even though it begins with a tragic suicide, didn't take long to get me giggling because of the main character's thoughts and antics. This novel is a bit different than her others - interwoven throughout the book is a one woman play featuring DuBose and Dorothy Heyward of Porgy & Bess fame.

Cate Cooper, in the days following her husband, Addison's suicide, is more relieved than saddened. Throw in anger because he left her almost penniless - within hours of the funeral, repo men appear to claim most of her furniture and home. To worsen matters, Cate finds that Addison had been having more than one affair. The only answer is to pack what little she has left and head south to her beloved Aunt Daisy and Folly Beach. When Cate settles into the small, comfy Porgy House her aunt owns, will the spirits of DuBose and Dorothy also console her?





View all my reviews

No comments: