Friday, September 2, 2011

The Help

The HelpThe Help by Kathryn Stockett

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I'm afraid my review is not going to do justice to this wonderful novel. I had heard a lot of good things written about The Help by Kathryn Stockett and couldn't wait to read it for myself.

The novel focuses on three women, Aibilene, Minnie, and Skeeter trying to live their very different lives in the turbulent 1960s in Jackson, Mississippi. Skeeter who wants to be more than an adornment for a husband, has just graduated from college and wishes to be a writer. Minnie and Aibilene, both maids, work for Skeeter's best friends. The three women form a unlikely alliance, in the the midst of fear and oppression, in hopes of changing Jackson.

I can't wait to see the movie and I hope it does the book justice.



View all my reviews

No comments: