Thursday, May 30, 2013

Step of Faith

A Step of Faith (The Walk, #4)A Step of Faith by Richard Paul Evans
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book four in the Walk series by Richard Paul Evans finds our character Alan Christoffersen, who was walking from the state of Washington to Florida, flying back to a medical center near his father’s home in Los Angeles for surgery on his recently found brain tumor. Fortunately, the tumor is found to be benign, and after spending weeks recuperating and against his father’s wishes, Alan flies back to St. Louis to continue his journey – meeting interesting and engaging people along the route. Walking provides an outlet for his jumbled, tortured thoughts and as he approaches the Florida state line, Alan realizes that he is ready to live and love again. But, he has to hold onto hope when a message is left on his cell reporting an emergency at home.

As Alan says, “For now Key West must wait. For the third time since I began, my walk has been delayed. In the beginning, I had considered these stops on my journey as interruptions - but I’m coming to understand that perhaps these detours are my journey. No matter how much I, or the rest of humanity wishes otherwise, life is not lived in smooth downhill expressways, but in the obscure, perilous trails and rocky back roads of life where we stumble and feel our way through the fog of the unknown. Life is not a sprint. It was never meant to be. It is just one step of faith after another.”


View all my reviews

No comments: