Monday, January 31, 2011

Belong to Me

Belong to MeBelong to Me by Marisa de los Santos

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


A wonderful, funny, emotional, amazing book of fiction - I'm not sure how to even begin the review. Can you tell that I really enjoyed this book? At 388 pages, it is not a small book or a quick read, but for me, it was so hard to put down and I found myself reading into the wee hours of the morning - and yes, I had to be up early that same day. Of course every life touches another and in ways sometimes we never see. Cornelia and Teo move from their beloved city to life in suburbia, where Cornelia hopes to find close friendship with her neighbors. It was that same kind of idyllic life that her and Teo had grown up with as children together. Her hopes are dashed as her neighbors live to judge others and Cornelia feels a horrible loneliness set in upon her. Her saving grace comes into play when she bumps into a vibrant woman named Lake in the grocery store, who introduces her to Dev, her gifted teenage son. Cornelia and Teo come to adore Dev, but as bewildering events unfold, can they continue to be true to themselves and each other?



View all my reviews

No comments: